Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TRIBUTE TO A MARTYR!!!




Exactly a month and a week ago, an eclipse to our sunny happiness hit on a saturday night! We lost a dear friend,colleague and brother.
Auwal Bala Usman Shanono was the definition of humble and happy till his soul was ripped away by miscreants in a Nigerian Union of Road Traffic Workers' Car Park Clash in Ibadan…
This is a Tribute to his soul,his life and to the hereafter we continue to hope for him..
                                                    *********************
Death has again stolen from us and this time an Extraordinary gentleman who embodied Friendship,Leadership and true Vibrance. Auwal Bala Usman Shanono was to me and many others a brother,a friend,a colleague,a mentor and a Leader.

He was to me a pillar of hope,a strong tower of strength and perseverance. He taught me to follow my dreams and To be as stubborn as all life’s struggles thrown at me.
He exuded passion,love and friendship and had an air of Magnetism so strong it pulled any and all kinds of people.

If I were asked to describe him in one word it’ll be simple. ‘Happy’.
I always called you ‘Shaanonoooo’ with gladness in my heart each time I saw you.

I cannot forget the lilt in your voice or the ease in  your gait and the way you always cheered the gloom in every day.
Death has stolen from us a gem,a priceless being, A Bright Star in My Little world!
You are a Martyr of Faith and You’ll continue to live on in my heart! We love you.

I will remember u each time I walk the roads we walked together …
Allah Grant him An Abode in The Gardens of Jannah! (Ameen)

                                                            *******************
Ours is a country ruled by No law,no Love and no Peace…
Auwal may never get his justice,so in our little ways and with our little voices,we try to remember him for what he was..
We heal for him,smile for him…
And yes,I can finally live a little for him!


Auwal was the National President of the Nigerian Medical Students Association until his death...

No comments:

Post a Comment